Accelerate Your Development
While Crest is known for the quality of our group classes, some people prefer to start or complement their training with private lessons. Private classes enable the instructor to teach in a way that will optimize learning and adapt techniques to suit an individual’s strengths and weaknesses.
Reach Mastery Faster – Benefits of Private Lessons
- Linear Learning – The order in which you learn the techniques greatly affects the time it takes you to master the art. In private lessons, your instructor will present the techniques in a way that will most efficiently develop your skills and build your confidence.
- Personal Progress Pacing – Due to the pace of group instruction, it’s possible to miss technical details during a group class. Further, days or weeks could pass before you get to learn or practice that technique again. In private lessons, your personal instructor will pace the instruction according to your skills and needs, so you will never feel confused, overwhelmed, or like you missed out.
- Instant Feedback – In a group class, it’s simply impossible for the instructor to focus totally on one student, so you must rely on your training partners to help you learn the techniques. In private lessons, your instructor is your partner for every technique, so they can physically feel all of your movements and provide instant feedback on every detail.
- Discover Your “Game” – While Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art that anyone can learn, some techniques require modification to fit the abilities of each student. In private lessons, your instructor will help you discover your “game” – the specific style of jiu jitsu that best suits your strengths so that you can maximize your proficiency based on your age, weight, height, and athletic abilities.
- Learn Custom Techniques – Each instructor has a unique style developed and refined over many years of teaching and training. In private lessons, you may learn custom techniques your instructor uses as well as key strategies that are often overlooked, undiscovered, or simply too complex to teach in a group class.
Get Started! If you would like to schedule private lessons in order to learn Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the most efficient way possible, contact us to get your first lesson scheduled.